Monday 9 November 2009

Pranayama

Today was a mediocre practice, but i was there! My AC ligament felt a little tender, so i didn't go too crazy and felt pretty far away from full kumasana again. Sheshadri and Harish didn't adjust me in it (either they were too busy, or i like to think that they realised my leg couldn't hack the pace!). By the way Helen, i heard he was balancing but all i could see was a bit of marble flooring at the time! I've seen him do mayurasana on someone in paschimottanasana. For those of you wondering what the hell i'm on about, kumasana is to the left.

I did have a new backbending adjustment though, apart from the one where Sheshadri picks you up from underneath (whilst you're in urdhva dhanurasana) and swings you about like an old cat, it's hard to explain but when my back cracked Sheshadri said 'good' and put me down again. Actually it felt pretty good - like i was floating, but i can feel my back more tonight....tiger balm and massage is the way forward!

I decided to not worry about the money (well until i get back anyway - maybe i can make the dogs take smaller dogs out for walks or something? It's about time they went out to work, seriously all they do is potter about, eat and lie about all day....)

So i decided to go to pranayama. It was excellent, there was 6 of use there in total, 4 beginners. Sheshadri is so enthusiastic and i really enjoyed it. I have made copious notes and will be going at 4.00pm every day until i leave it think, it's just such a great opportunity.

The rest of my day was spent walking up to 'Lucky World' for 'supplies', trying to find Swami (the water man), reading on the newly discovered roof terrace, cooking lunch and going to pick up my newly made trousers (i'll let you know how that goes when i try them on). So you see Kath it is relaxing really!

Can i just share with you guys that Ganesh has closed his internet cafe due to the power cut (protective of his machines) and now i'm in one that smells of old men and hair oil and grease?/sweat? is seeping through my trousers from the previous internet user......dudes i am roughing it! Ok off to get some scran now, i am sooooo hungry after all that breathing and the like! Speak soon peeps.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Em, I think I know where you posted this from, I went there before I discovered Ganesh's place, is it on the main road in Gokulum? Hot eh! The descriptions of the adjustments are hilarious. Would love to do some adjustment explorations with you when you get back, if your up for that. Yes, you can save money when you get back, for now enjoy the experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heh Helen
    Yes, definitely would like to meet up and do adjustment practice, seen so many new things out here.

    The internet cafe is at the crossroads (as if you were going to Anu's) above the bank/shop and it is pretty stinky!

    I'm really keen to go on a Lino Miele workshop since i've been here, let me know if you hear of any - and of course Sheshadri in Europe...and back to Mysore. Have you been to Lino Miele?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, oh a different smelly place! Great news about the adjustment practice, would be fab.

    No not studied with Lino, he is due in Oxford in September, next year, a long way off perhaps. http://www.oxfordyoga.co.uk/Workshops.html
    Is everyone raving about him?

    Planning on doing a David Swenson workshop in 3 weeks, intro to second series and pranayama and bandha, 2 sessions, will stay for a long weekend and practice at AYL too. Also Hamish is doing a workshop in Manchester end of December. Hoping to book it all today. I'm already going to London in two weeks to practice with Ryan and Hamish so will join you in the money saving at some point, lol!

    For now I'm excited as been practising mostly by myself, time to get out there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Right girls, break it up, you'd think this is some kind of yoga blog the way you're both going on!

    Good to hear Sheshadri knows your body though Em, just wait for the cracking, crunching sound and you've hit the nail on the head! ;-)

    I was wondering if 'supplies' are the same as 'provisions'? I tend to get confused between the two. If people start throwing 'stores' and 'rations' into the mix I don't know where I am! I just send people to the nearest garage.

    Anyway, it's great to hear that everyhting is going well, despite the...err....grease/sweat thing! :-O

    I'm afraid to say that, unless you can get the damn dogs some work, you'll be limited to one more Mysore trip for the rest of your life. I guess that may work as a motivator for one of us to work harder? I know I don't do anything at the moment, but I'm looking at you! :-)

    Anyway, I'm off to buy some pranayama books.....not sure why....

    ReplyDelete